🏘️ About the Organization and Job Details
Good Neighbors International (GNI) is an international humanitarian and developmental organization in General Consultative Status with UN ECOSOC operating in 40 countries around the world.
GNI in Rwanda is legally registered as INGO and has endeavored to improve child sponsorship and protection, health, education, WASH, agriculture & livelihood, humanitarian assistance, advocacy, and social economy in 6 districts (Gasabo, Kamonyi, Nyamagabe, Gisagara, Nyaruguru and Karongi) since 1994.
📋 Job Description
Good Neighbors Rwanda would like to recruit a staff with the following position:
1. Position: WASH and Health Coordinator
Based in Huye District
The WASH and Health Coordinator post is located in the GNI Area Office in Huye District to provide strategic, technical and programmatic support to the project entitled “Empowering adolescents and young people in Rwanda to realize their human right to equality, sexual and reproductive health and freedom from violence and discrimination”.
S/he will act as the project’s focal point, ensuring quality and timely implementation of the project activities, outreach, and day-to-day liaison with the donor, implementing partners, stakeholders and government partners, while working in an integrated and collaborative manner with the GNI Head Office and operations staff.
S/he will work under the overall supervision of the Operations Manager.
GNI is seeking candidates that transform, inspire and deliver high impact and sustained results; we need staff who are transparent, exceptional in how they manage the resources entrusted to them and who commit to deliver excellence in program results.
💼 Job Specification
Job Educational Qualification Needed
Bachelor degree in gender studies, public health, social sciences, development studies or other related fields.
Job Experience , Job Skills and Other Training Needed Needed
Knowledge and Experience
- 2 years of increasingly responsible professional experience in public health, community development project and preferably projects relevant to sexual and reproductive health, gender and development;
- Experience working in collaboration with government, development partners, civil society organizations, private sector, and youth-led organizations, in particular on issues affecting children and adolescents;
- Proven ability to effectively collaborate with team members to achieve demonstrable results;
- Highly motivated, proactive, able to work independently with proven ability to exercise sound judgment and initiative, working in harmony with people from different backgrounds and cultures;
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and communication skills;
- Experience in programme and/or technical assistance with development organizations/institutions;
- Experience in working in humanitarian setting is a strong asset;
- Proficiency in current office software applications (Word, Excel, Power Point);
- Proficiency in English and Kinyarwanda languages
🌐 How to Apply
- The interested candidates must submit directly their application letter addressed to Country Director at GNI Head office, Kigali (3rd floor, FAIRVIEW building in Kimihurura (opposite to Lemigo Hotel)
- or through email to: firstname.lastname@example.org and cc: email@example.com)
1) CV in English (less than 2 pages), 2) Diploma required, 3) a photocopy of the National Identity Card, 4) Relevant certificates (The Relevant experience will only be considered if the certificate is presented at submission)
Closing date of submission: 27th April (Tue), 2021