Transport Planning Intern – Cairo, Egypt at ITDP Africa (Deadline: still open until filled)
Transport Planning Intern
Internship Cairo, Egypt
About the position
The Transport Planning Intern will provide support to the ITDP’s Egypt programme over a three- to six-months period beginning in January 2022 in the form of field surveys, data analysis, mapping, and report preparation. Potential project areas will include sustainable urban mobility plans and guidelines, street design guidelines, BRT design review, bikeshare studies, urban cycle network planning, parking management strategies, and transit-oriented development projects. The intern will work with local and national government transport offices. The specific focus area can be tailored to the interests of the Intern. The Transport Planning Intern will be based in Cairo and will report to the Country Manager, Egypt.
- Design and carry out transport surveys.
- Collect, process, and analyse transport data.
- Assist with mapping and setup of transport models.
- Preparation of conceptual designs for walking and cycling facilities and BRT corridors.
- Research and preparation of project reports.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s or master’s candidate in transport planning, transport engineering, city planning, or other relevant field.
- Familiarity with transport planning, including survey design and management; demand analysis; and network planning.
- Experience in street design and drafting using AutoCAD, spatial analysis using GIS software, and data analysis using Excel and Access required.
- Familiarity with the Adobe suite preferred.
- Excellent writing skills in English and Arabic.
- Strong commitment to advancing ITDP’s mission and to environmental and social justice.
- Excellent research and analytical skills; enjoy working with numbers!
- Ability to communicate well, make powerful presentations.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and projects, even when under pressure.
- Ability to maintain high standards while contributing pragmatic ideas.
- Availability to travel frequently.
How to apply
To apply please send the following information to email@example.com with “Transport Systems Intern, Egypt” in the subject line.
- Samples of written work: thesis, technical reports, etc.
- Samples of visual representations such as GIS maps or infographics.
- A one-page note on improving the bus system in your city (with three specific interventions).
A monthly commuter stipend will be paid to the selected candidate. We are unable to consider applications without the above details. The position will remain open until filled.
ITDP is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion/creed, sex, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, veteran or active military status, alienage or citizenship status, arrest or conviction record, credit history, salary history, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or partnership status, familial status, unemployment status, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual violence or any other status protected by applicable law
APPLY NOW :
Other Related Posts to READ:
- All Job Opportunities 2022
- All Jobs in USA 2022
- All Worldwide Jobs 2022
- All Internships Opportunities 2022
- All Tenders & Auctions Opportunities 2022
- All Educational Opportunities 2022