🏘️ About the Organization and Job Details
Established in 1949, SOS Children’s Villages is a dynamic social development international organization working globally to meet the needs and protect the interests and rights of vulnerable children. In Rwanda SOS Children’s Villages is an affiliate of SOS Children’s Villages International which is a federation of over 130 SOS Children’s Villages associations world-wide. We build families for neglected, abandoned or orphaned children, we help them shape their own futures and we share in the development of their communities.
The National Office of SOS Children’s Villages Rwanda located at Kigali/Kacyiru wishes to recruit Teachers of Electrical for its Partnership Project “PartnerRwanda” with a German Partner (Bildungswerk der Baden-Württembergischen Wirtschaft e.V. (BIWE)).
📋 Job Description Details
Position: Teacher of Electrical
Reporting to: School Principal and Project Officer
Working Location: SOS Technical High School
Prepared by: SOS Children’s Villages Rwanda
Prepare date: November 2021
The National Office of SOS Children’s Villages Rwanda located at Kigali/Kacyiru wishes to recruit a Teacher in Electrical of PartnerRwanda Project located in Kigali. The interested candidates in this position should send a detailed CV, application letter and other required documents by no later than 12th November 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Duties& Tasks and Responsibilities
The Teacher of Electrical is responsible for conducting teaching and learning activities in the trade of Electrical (Certificate Level 3) implementing the existing curriculum
They will greatly contribute to the intellectual, spiritual, moral and physical development of the young children assigned to her class. S/he thereby plays a critical part in preparing them for future life and independence. In this task, creative teaching methods must be employed to stimulate the child’s natural desire to learn and grow. Special attention must be provided to SOS children, who often strong educational support in their home environment.
The position holder will therefore be responsible for the following tasks:
- Planning, organizing and delivering off-the-job training in TVET institutions within the framework of the overall apprenticeship programme;
- Setup of Training facilities and ensure training materials are well maintained
- Coordination of training activities between school, participants/trainees and companies (TOTs, short courses, etc, …)
- Interacting with their counterparts in partner enterprises in order to ensure optimal coordination between the off-the-job and on-the-job elements of the training programme;
- Monitoring the learning progress and skills development of apprentices on a regular basis;
- Updating their knowledge, skills and competence in their own professional field and adapting their training methods on a regular basis;
- Taking on work experience in partner enterprises in order to update their understanding of the skills requirements of the different occupations and to experience personally the learning environment of apprentices in enterprises;
- Providing special care for apprentices with learning difficulties, disabilities and other limitations.
- Provides individual attention to each child, monitoring its educational progress and taking appropriate corrective action as necessary.
- Conducts academic support programmes such as holiday classes, remedial classes and individual tutoring to meet the educational needs of each child.
- Develops and implements homework programmes which may include project work, extra reading or other assignments.
- Prepares progress reports for each child as required by the principal, detailing the child’s academic progress as well as overall development.
- Takes a particular interest in SOS children, providing them with extra support and striving to understand their educational and emotional needs and difficulties.
- Actively participates in all school meetings and school or village activities such as sports days, cultural activities and plays.
- Maintains close contact with parents, including SOS Mothers and the Village Director, discussing the child’s academic progress and general development.
- Participates in all Parents -Teacher meetings.
- Supervises extra-mural activities such as organized sports, clubs etc.
- Performs administrative or other extra duties as required by the Principal, such as storekeeping, producing the school magazine or organizing school events.
- Maintains all furniture and equipment within the classroom in good order.
- Behaves in an exemplary manner at all times acting as a role model for the children.
- Keeps educational documents required by the school.
- At all times ensures that personal data of donors, sponsors, SOS CV beneficiaries and their families as well as SOS co-workers is handled confidentially and in accordance with prevailing SOS-Kinderdorf International data protection laws.
Key Performance Indicators
- The different roles of the SOS Children’s Villages Rwanda and BiWe staff team member
- Understanding of the TVET sector (Dual Training/ Workplace Learning) and Private Sector in Rwanda
- Able to understand and collaborate in Partnership of SOS Children’s Villages Rwanda and German Partner (BIWE, http://www.biwe.de/languages.html)
💼 Job Specification
Job Qualification Needed
Technical Qualifications and personal skills:
- Have experience in conducting teaching and learning activities in Electrical for at least three (3) years of experience with Bachelor’s degree or/and five (5) years of experience A1 holder
- Have experience in industry/or company
- Skills in youth empowerment
- Good teamwork spirit and ability to positively relate with others.
- Mastering of application software
- Trained in CBT/CBA
- Organizational and teamwork skills
- Good reporting skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Good computers skills ((MS Office, Social Media, Email
- Language skills in Kinyarwanda and English (French, but not obligatory) Good communication and negotiating skills
Please note: This job description outlines only the general scope of activity and the basic tasks and responsibilities associated with his/her position. It may be supplemented with a more detailed definition of tasks, responsibilities and work-plan and is subject to change at the discretion of the direct superior.
🌐 How to Apply
Job Application Channel Accepted
If you believe you are the right candidate for this position, send a zipped folder containing your cover letter, curriculum vitae, evidence of your qualifications and experience, 3 traceable professional references as well as an SOS CV ad hoc application form duly filled in and signed.
All documents should be written in English and directly submitted to email@example.com not later than 12th November 2021 at 5:00 pm Kigali time.
N.B: – Please mention in the subject of your email the name of the position you are applying for.
– Late applications will not be accepted. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
“SOS Children’s Villages Rwanda/ International holds strict child safeguarding principles and a zero-tolerance policy for conducts of sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse in the workplace and other places where the organization’s activities are rendered. Parallel to technical competence, recruitment, selection and hiring decisions will give due emphasise to assessing candidates value congruence and thorough background checks, police clearance reference check processes”.
Done in Kigali on 3rd November 2021
Jean Bosco KWIZERA