🏘️ About the Organization and Job Details
We are the first private company to establish a peat power plant in Africa and to produce peat at that scale. The company is owned by a Turkish investor, HAKAN AS, and an international power company, Quantum Power, with a participation of a project development company Themis.
Hakan Mining & Electricity Generation Inc. (Hakan) and Quantum Power Ltd. are developing an 80 MW Peat Fired Power Plant Project through their project company YUMN Ltd- in Akanyaru Rwanda. The Project is in the construction phase and is expected to be completed soon. YUMN Ltd is currently looking for a Senior Accountant on a permanent basis. The Senior Accountant will be required to work and stay at the Construction site in Gisagara District – Mamba Sector, with occasional travel to Kigali.
📋 Job Description Details
Job Position Title
Job Closing Date
21st July 2021
Number of Job Positions
Job Duties& Tasks and Responsibilities
- Ensures the integrity of accounting information by recording, verifying, consolidating, and entering transactions.
- Prepares and records asset, liability, revenue, and expenses entries by compiling and analysing account information.
- Performs account reconciliation and analysis in prepayments, deposits, expenses, investments, leasing, inter-company balances, etc.,
- Prepares statutory taxes by computing and declaring them.
- Maintains account controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
Interacts with the banking partners when required.
- Manages accounts payables and accounts receivable ledgers
- Secures financial information by completing data base backups.
- Interact with the banking, government and other business partners when required
- Any other Duties as assigned by the Chief Financial Officer
💼 Job Specification
Job Educational Qualification and Experience Needed
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business or finance
- Completed or pursuing a professional qualification such as ACCA, CPA, CIMA, CIFA is required
- Applied knowledge of the Rwandan Tax law, company law and IFRS
- 4+ years of relevant practical Accounting Experience
- Ability to work independently and comfortably with incomplete information and deal with ambiguity in a fast-paced environment
- Must maintain high level of trust, integrity and ethics
- Must be able to work in remote areas permanently
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and a team player
- Intermediate or advanced working proficiency in Excel is desirable
- Very high proficiency with Word, PowerPoint and other Microsoft applications is a must.
- Working proficiency with various Accounting Software is a must
🌐 How to Apply
Job Application Channel Documents Needed
Interested candidates should send their application file (CV, Academic certificate and cover letter) via the
Apply for this job
Application Deadline Provided
21st July 2021