🏘️ About the Organization and Job Details
ABOUT ONE ACRE FUND
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. Our 8,000+ team is drawn from diverse backgrounds and professions. With operations across six core countries in Africa, we make farmers more prosperous by providing quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. On average, the farmers we serve harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
To learn more about our work, take a look at our Why Work Here blog for more information.
📋 Job Description Details
ABOUT THE ROLE
You will oversee a total of over $20 million loan portfolio from farmer revenue and the Government of Rwanda subsidy revenue. You will design a customer repayment experience and strategy that leads to full recovery of all clients’ credit. You will develop systems to ensure seamless farmer subsidy registration and data reconciliation. . The work you do in this role is fundamental to the Rwanda program sustainability and requires data analysis, innovation, and reporting.
You will report to the Rwanda Field Operations Director and manage a team of 4-5 staff.
Job Duties& Tasks and Responsibilities
- Client credit recovery
- Create annual plans for recovery with input from all relevant team members
- Bring credit recovery to at least 98% of the total credit
- Lead credit recovery performance analysis to understand performance risks and tailor solutions accordingly
- Create periodic credit recovery performance reports to share with country leadership
- Subsidy invoicing
- Develop an understanding of the subsidy processes from client’s registrations in Smart Nkunganire to invoicing in the MOPA.
- Build controls in our subsidy processes to ensure compliance with all Government of Rwanda guidelines about the subsidy program
- Lead cross-team collaboration workaround subsidy processes from registration to invoicing
- Create periodic subsidy performance reports to share with country leadership
CAREER GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
- Client credit recovery
💼 Job Specification
Job Qualification Needed
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
- You have 3 or more years of experience in strategic or consulting contexts or program management experience
- You are comfortable going to the field, take full ownership of projects, and bring them to results independently.
- You can quickly identify what matters and communicate that.
- You are a logical thinker and comfortable with analysis – We are looking for someone who can use analysis to create insights and inform recommendations.
- You understand complex concepts quickly and learn fast! – We are looking for someone who can step into any situation and start adding value very quickly.
- You have experience working in the banking sector or microfinance, although this is not a strict requirement.
- You at least have a Bachelor’s Degree
- You speak English (Kinyarwanda or French is also very useful)
PREFERRED START DATE
As soon as possible
Health insurance, housing, and comprehensive benefits
One Acre Fund can support a work permit for this role. However, nationals of (or those with an extensive professional background and work history in) our countries of operation are preferred.
🌐 How to Apply
Job Application Channel Accepted
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here (email@example.com), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion (DEI), and anti-racism are deeply connected to our organization’s mission and purpose. One Acre Fund aspires to build a culture where all staff feels consistently valued, represented, and connected – so that our team can thrive as professionals, and achieve exceptional impact for the farmers we serve.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity, or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Application Deadline Provided
APPLICATION DEADLINE: December 14, 2021