🏘️ About the Organization and Job Details
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
The incumbent will report to the National VAM Officer, under the technical guidance and overall supervision of the Head of VAM and M&E.
To contribute to the VAM evidence base that supports food and nutrition security policies and programmes (needs assessment, market assessments and analysis) as well as provide support to policy and programme activities to effectively meet food assistance needs.
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Understands WFP’s Strategic Objectives and the link to own work objectives.
- Be a force for positive change: Flexibly adapts individual contributions to accommodate changes in direction from supervisors and internal/external changes (such as evolving needs of beneficiaries, new requirements of partners).
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Recognizes and shares with team members the ways in which individual contributions relate to WFP’s mission.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Sets own goals in alignment with WFP’s overall operations, and is able to communicate this link to others.
- Look for ways to strengthen people’s skills: Assesses own strengths and weaknesses to increase self-awareness, and includes these in conversations on own developmental needs.
- Create an inclusive culture: Participates in open dialogue, and values the diverse opinion of others, regardless of background, culture, experience, or country assignment.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Proactively seeks feedback and coaching to build confidence, and develop and improve individual skills.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Participates in accomplishing team activities and goals in the face of challenging circumstances.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Shows willingness to explore and experiment with new ideas and approaches in own work.
- Focus on getting results: Consistently delivers results within individual scope of work on time, on budget and without errors.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Commits to upholding individual accountabilities and responsibilities in the face of ever-changing country or functional priorities.
- Be Decisive: Makes rational decisions about individual activities when faced with uncertain circumstances, including in times of ambiguity regarding information or manager direction.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Seeks to understand and adapt to internal or cross-unit teams’ priorities and preferred working styles.
- Build strong external partnerships: Demonstrates ability to understand and appropriately respond to and/or escalate needs of external partners.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Portrays an informed and professional demeanor toward internal and external partners and stakeholders.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Provides operational support on analyses and assessments that quantifies and demonstrates WFP’s unique value as a partner.
📋 Job Description Details
Career Opportunities: Programme Policy Officer, VAM (Markets & Food Security Analysis), NOA (154157)
Requisition ID 154157 – Posted 30/11/2021 – Fixed Term – Africa, Central & Eastern – Rwanda – Kigali – Working Job Language (2) – PROGRAMME & POLICY
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
Job Duties& Tasks and Responsibilities
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Plan, design, and conduct market assessments and surveys to inform programming and management decisions in line with wider VAM policies, processes, and guidelines to enable effective decision-making on the implementation of the Country Strategic Plan.
- Periodically review, update, or develop market data collection tools as well as guidelines for price monitoring, assessments, and reporting.
- Provide market information and technical advice to the Country Office Cash-Based Transfer (CBT) task force.
- Coordinate and lead data collection and analysis of market prices and commodities traded inside and outside the refugee camps in Rwanda ensuring that rigorous quality standards are maintained.
- Support the development of systems and tools for monitoring and assessment of prices in line with innovative methodologies and best practices.
- Lead and participate in inter-departmental and inter-agency markets and food security activities and assessments, as well as meetings and coordination forums.
- Prepare monthly price bulletin for the Country Office and feed into the reporting structures at the Regional Bureau.
- Collate secondary literature review and write periodic market and food security bulletins.
- Provide technical support on the food and nutrition security monitoring survey in partnership with government ministries.
- Support the capacity building of WFP staff, partners, and the national government to conduct vulnerability and market analysis to effectively inform preparedness and response activities.
- Guide and supervise junior staff who are working on price monitoring and remote data collection tools.
- Act as an alternate to the VAM Officer for coordination of WFPs emergency preparedness and response package as well as disaster risk reduction.
- Represent WFP at UN and inter-agency meetings as and when required.
- Perform any other related duties as required.
💼 Job Specification
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
Education: University degree in one or more of the following disciplines: Economics, Agriculture, Food Security, Statistics, Data Science, Geography, Development Studies, or a field relevant to international development assistance.
Language: Fluency (level C) in both oral and written communication in English
Experience: At least 3 years post-graduate Experience, with additional years of progressive experience in a role involving markets analysis, food security, and/or vulnerability analysis in developmental and emergency contexts.
Knowledge& Skills: Experience in collaborative work with national governments, UN agencies, and NGOs, as well as key stakeholders in the area of food security and market analysis.
Practical expertise in food security analysis and market assessments and analysis, including participating in multiple assessments, designing tools, data collection and analysis.
Proven experience in report writing and presentation skills in English
Competencies: Strong organizational skills and knowledge of market information systems.
Demonstrate the ability to analyse and consolidate quantitative and qualitative information from different sources to inform transfer modality selection and other programme decisions.
Demonstrated the ability to interpret basic data in the context of WFP programmes and standards.
Provides operational support on analysis and assessments that quantifies and demonstrate WFPs value as a partner.
|Capability Name||Description of the behaviour expected for the proficiency level|
|Programme Lifecycle & Food Assistance||Demonstrates ability to identify key variables and contextual factors that affect food assistance problems and programmes throughout the lifecycle to inform quality programme design or re-design.|
|Transfer Modalities (Food, Cash, Voucher)||Demonstrates ability to analyse and consolidate quantitative and qualitative information from different sources (e.g., market studies) to inform transfer modality selection and programme development.|
|Broad Knowledge of Specialized areas (i.e. Nutrition, VAM, etc.)||Demonstrates the ability to interpret basic data in the context of WFP specialised fields to contribute to technical programme design, implementation and monitoring.|
|Emergency Programming||Displays capacity to provide inputs into the development, implementation and realignment of high quality emergency programmes.|
|Strategic Policy Engagement w/ Government||Develops thorough recommendations using multiple inputs (e.g., government counsel, research, own experience) to strengthen national or subnational entities and government owned food and nutrition security programmes.|
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
JOB TITLE: Programme Policy Officer: VAM (Markets & Food Security Analysis), NOA
TYPE OF CONTRACT: Fixed Term
DUTY STATION (City, Country): Kigali, Rwanda
DURATION:12 Months Renewable Subject to Performance and Funding Availability
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
The Deadline for submitting applications is on 14 December 2021
Female applicants and qualified applicants are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.
🌐 How to Apply
Job Application Channel Accepted and any other relevant Application Info’s
- Are you an Employer ( Businesses & Entities of All kinds or Individuals ) Hiring or looking any kind of Online Applications & Registrations Services ? Career in Rwanda Ltd serve you in Job Advertisements & Recruitment Services, Every Online Services that you may need.
- Don’t you Have time to Apply or Updates and Optimize your Job Application File ( CVs &Resumes , online Job Profile Accounts , etc. ) ?, Don’t Hastate to Contact Career in Rwanda Ltd via WhatsApp and Call : +250785036816 / +250790518586 for any Kind Assistance , we help every Job Seeker to send a Professional and Well Updated ( CVs, Resumes, online Job Profile Accounts, etc. ) to the Concerned Employer!
- IF YOU ARE JOB SEEKER , GET UNLIMITTED DIRECT ONLINE JOB APPLICATION SERVICE BY REGISTERING HERE