🏘️ About the Organization and Job Details
University of Global Health Equity is on a mission to radically change the way health care is delivered around the world. UGHE is a new kind of university-based in Rwanda that is building the next generation of global health professionals—doctors, nurses, researchers, and public health and policy experts—into leaders and change-makers who strive to deliver more equitable, quality health services for all.
Members of the UGHE community are tenacious and resolute in our drive to attain social justice, make common cause with those in need, listen to and learn from others and operate with honesty and humility as we uphold academic integrity and intellectual curiosity. The University of Global Health Equity seeks individuals committed to these values to join the team.
📋 Job Description Details
Nutrition and Early Childhood Development Coordinator
University of Global Health Equity (UGHE) Butaro, Rwanda
Nutrition and Early Child Development (NECD) Coordinator
University of Global Health Equity is on a mission to radically change the way health care is delivered around the world. UGHE is a new university based in Rwanda that is building the next generation of global health professionals—doctors, nurses, researchers, and public health and policy experts—into leaders and change makers who strive to deliver more equitable, quality health services for all.
Title: NECD Coordinator
Reports to: DVC – Academics & Research Affairs
Location: Butaro, Burera District, Rwanda
Role Purpose: This role will be responsible for undertaking administrative, project management, and research development, execution, monitoring, and reporting of NECD programs.
Job Duties& Tasks and Responsibilities
- Manage programmatic logistics to support all NECD program related events;
- Coordinate and support all events and processes related to the NECD grant related research, training, and reporting
- Serve as the first point of contact for NECD partner organizations and ensure a quality experience in their interaction with the university;
- Generate reports and content for internal and external audiences derived from the NECD programmatic data;
- Provide general and technical support to the NECE research projects, assessment, and program evaluation, through background research, data collection, entry, and analysis;
- Identify and implement NECD related research projects
- Evaluate NECD training curriculum
- Identify skill gaps in NECD training programs
- Schedule and coordinate curriculum review meetings, research dissemination meetings for NECD;
- Manage NECD project timeline to ensure all activities are efficiently executed;
- Assist in managing external relations, serving as a point of contact between the team and internal and external stakeholders; and
- Organize necessary logistics related to the NECD projects.
- Ensure UGHE conducts 4 NECD research projects each year (Two by faculty, two by students)
- Review NECD training curriculum
- Organize 2 curriculum review workshops
- Organize annual dissemination meeting
- Professional coordination of NECD meetings and accuracy in documentation
- All required program documentation and reports
💼 Job Specification
Job Qualification Needed
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Master degree in health, public health, nutrition, childhood development;
- Research experiences
- Three (3) years of working experience
- Proficient computer skills with fluency in Microsoft Office Suite programs including Excel, Google Suite products, and the ability to learn new computer programs quickly
- Experience in project management
- Background in research projects
- Demonstrated work experience in an administrative, management role in a fast-paced environment
- Experience supporting the project team in producing deliverables and manage timeline
- Experience in event planning or proven skills to organize and execute logistics
- Experience in report writing
- Ability to make decisions based on data findings
- Exemplary interpersonal skills
- Ability to effectively collaborate with culturally diverse staff across departments and countries
- Exemplary written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated strategic thinking and analytical skills.
- Good judgment, and creative problem-solving
- Possess diplomatic instincts, ability to gracefully and humbly work within challenging professional contexts requiring tact and judgment.
🌐 How to Apply
Job Application Channel Accepted
Applicants should provide: (1) a curriculum vitae, (2) a cover letter, (3) a personal statement addressing candidate’s experience working in a related field; (4) copies of all degrees earned and current professional certifications. Please upload your cover letter, personal statement, and proof of degrees attained as a single PDF file under “Additional Files” on the application page.
APPLICATION LINK : https://www.pih.org/pages/employment?p=job/otZihfwL
Application Deadline Provided
The deadline: 18th November 2021