🏘️ About the Organization and Job Details
ALIGHT works with its partners and constituencies to provide opportunities and expertise to refugees, displaced people and host communities – to better survive conflicts and crisis, and to rebuild lives of dignity, health, security and self-sufficiency.
ALIGHT presently works in and with partners in seventeen countries globally. ALIGHT has consistently operated in Rwanda since the year 1994, and today has a strong and committed team of over eight hundred personnel who include full time staff, community mobilizers and incentive workers– implementing programs in Primary Health Care, Reproductive Health, HIV and Nutrition; also Water, Sanitation and Hygiene, Shelter and general Infrastructure, Livelihoods/Economic strengthening, and Sexual and Gender Based Violence Prevention/ Protection. Our work in Rwanda currently covers all the refugee locations and their kind Rwandan-host communities.
And we are always looking to expand and, jointly with our partners, offer lasting impact with and for the communities we serve!
📋 Job Description
ALIGHT is looking for a qualified, self-driven and committed individual to join its team as Logistics Coordinator in one of the field sites (refugee camps) where ALIGHT has active operations.
The Logistics Coordinator is in charge of planning, coordination and control for all operations activities of the various projects with a high quality and timely service delivery, and cost-effectiveness.
The Logistics Coordinator will maintain Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and operational policies to be used in preventing fraud and ensuring full compliance with the ALIGHT and donor rules and regulation. He will also build capacity and technically support the logistic team.
This is a field based position, the Logistic coordinator is expected to reside full time at/near the assigned Sites, and may be called upon to and is expected to be available to support related work over weekends, holidays or such other declared days, depending on business urgency.
Job Duties& Tasks and Responsibilities
- Coordinate and plan operational activities of the site in collaboration with the Site Manager;
- Monitor, manage and support proper maintenance of all ALIGHT facilities (Offices, Guest Houses, Stores, Warehouses, etc.) in the site;
- Effect or establish controls and maintain Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and operational policies that prevent or guard against fraud and resource use
- Stay abreast of relevant donor policies, procedures, rules and regulations on operations, and support train ALIGHT program and partner staff in these policies;
- Oversee the management of all communication and ICT services and assets at Site level
Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- Ensure that monthly and quarterly site procurement plans are developed, submitted, and within budget limits and compliant with donor requirements.
- Coordinate regular market assessments to ensure accurate knowledge of local market prices for most common goods and services and maintain a local suppliers database;
- Build and maintain constructive and ethical business relationship with suppliers and private sector operators;
- Prepare monthly status reports on procurement, assets, contractor database and payments;
- Coordinate the packing and shipping of packages to and from the field sites; ensuring that there are adequate systems for tracking and documentation to support the processes;
- Oversee and ensure proper storage and warehousing of ALIGHT stock items and assets and maintain accurate inventory, assets and stock management, system;
- Ensure that the vehicle fleet owned by, lent to, or hired by ALIGHT Site are managed according to ALIGHT and/or donor’s policies and procedures, including efficient fuel consumption, maintenance and repairs, mileage monitoring, and reporting;
- Supervise the work of the Storekeeper, Drivers, Cook/Cleaner and other supply chain staff and operations support staff;
- Oversee and coordinate the work of the guards at the office, guesthouse, and stores and other ALIGHT installations;
- Liaise with Kigali office and coordinate the repair and service needs of all vehicles, generators, pumps and other equipment;
- Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor, or any other ALIGHT Senior Manager.
💼 Job Specification
We’re looking for the following education, technical skills, & knowledge:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Operations Management, Business Administration, Procurement or Logistics, or a closely related field from an accredited university required;
- Minimum 5 years’ direct experience in operations and logistics management with humanitarian or development programs, in a comparable role;
- Professional certifications such as CSCP, CPIM, CLTD preferred and continuous education and specialized; trainings in procurement and logistics management is a plus;
- Skills and knowledge in the design and use of Information Management Systems (IMS);
- Experience in preparing and managing budgets; also work planning and coordination
- Demonstrated advanced communications, presentation and inter-personal skills, including fluency in written and spoken English;
Key Behaviors & Abilities:
- Ability to work under pressure and adapt to situations as required due to changes on the ground;
- Ability to manage multiple priorities with minimal supervision;
- Capacity to think ahead and highlight areas of risk and concern;
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a strong sense of diplomacy;
- Ability to work in a sensitive, multi-cultural context as a respectful team player and manager;
- Situational awareness and good judgment in possible security situations.
🌐 How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit 1page Cover letter, and updated CV (maximum three pages) and names, title and contacts of three professional referees, to include most current employer/supervisor (all in/as one document) – via email only to: RWJobs@wearealight.org with the POSITION applied for clearly indicated in the subject line. The deadline for submission of applications is May 7th 2021 at 16:00hrs. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Alight is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status. Alight complies with all applicable laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.