🏘️ About the Organization and Job Details
Since Kepler’s launch in 2013, we are building a model of accessible and quality higher education. We provide a different kind of education – one that combines in-person, online and on-the-job learning in service of a singular goal: decent jobs for young Africans.
And we have been successful, with more than 90% of scholars employed within six months of graduating. Kepler, through a partnership with Southern New Hampshire University (SNHU), has enrolled more than 1,000 students across our campuses in Kigali and the Kiziba refugee camp in Western Rwanda.
We have entered into a dynamic time at Kepler. Over the next few months, Kepler hopes to become locally accredited in Rwanda through Kepler College and we are expanding our academic offerings and programs in Rwanda and Ethiopia.
Website : https://www.kepler.org/
📋 Job Description
About the Position
Position: Human Resources Manager
Operations: Kigali, kigali
Reports to: Deputy Vice Chancellor of Finance and Administration
We are looking for a dynamic Human Resources Manager to manage recruitment, performance management, learning and development and other key HR functions. Reporting to the Deputy Vice-Chancellor of Administration and Finance, the HR Manager will work to recruit and retain talent aligned with the Kepler culture and values.
An ideal candidate has worked in multicounty NGOs or higher learning institutions, has experience using an HRIS and knowledge of Rwanda labor regulations.
Job Duties& Tasks and Responsibilities
- With the Supervisor, set annual goals for the HR department and implement key elements of the HR strategy including hiring of staff, managing performance management, managing the HRIS and continued improvements to HR process and talent recruitment and retainment;
- Manage all job postings and hiring processes for the Kigali and Kiziba campuses; provide administrative support as needed for US and Ethiopia hires;
- Develop and monitor overall HR strategies, systems, and procedures across the organization;
- Ensure monthly performance conversations are carried out in a timely manner by all managers;
- Prepare and conduct manager’s training on all HR policies and procedures including hiring procedures;
- Answer employee questions about HR programs, policies, and other HR-related items;
- Manage Human Resources Information System to ensure accurate employee data, benefits administration, paychecks record, performance appraisals, tracking of candidates, tracking of time off records, and automation of other HR processes at Kepler;
- Ensure compliance with labor regulations, including contacts, document management and employee handbook management and acquisition of work visas;
- Oversee the onboarding of new employees and complete exit procedures for departing employees;
- Produce accurate monthly payroll and work closely with finance for on-time processing each month;
- Declare and pay employment taxes and other withholdings;
- Lead the HR & PD team meetings
- Perform other duties as assigned
💼 Job Specification
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management or related field; vast experience in HR can replace the need for a degree;
- At least two years relevant experience;
- Knowledge of HR software/HRIS, the experience with Bamboo will be an added advantage;
- Experience in using cloud content management tools like box, google sheets, docs,…
- Experience in the education sector an asset;
- Fluent in English and Kinyarwanda, Fluency in French is an asset;
- Experience managing staff, interns, and volunteers;
- Ability to take initiative, work well under pressure, and carry out work independently;
- Team player who drives a culture of learning and servant leadership;
- Ability to use analytics for effective personnel management;
- Excellent oral and written communication in English and Kinyarwanda;
- Cross-cultural communication skills;
- Position is Kigali, Rwanda based
🌐 How to Apply
Interested candidates should send an application letter plus updated Curriculum Vitae in English, including 3 names of professional referees through: https://kepler1.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=118
Deadline to submit the application is May 03rd, 2021.
Kepler values diversity as the paramount aspect of growth and provides equal opportunities. Therefore, it does not discriminate against employees based on gender, race, religion, physical abilities, social status, beliefs, and cultural values.