Organization or Fund Offering Fellowship
Applications are open for the BRAC Institute of Governance and Development (BIGD) Young Researchers Fellowship Program 2021. This fellowship will provide opportunities for experiential learning on research methodology and other crucial research skills to budding social scientists.
For now, they are focusing on quantitative research methods in the area of economic development. However, they plan to expand the scope of the fellowship in the future. The program will be four (4) months long.
📋 Fellowship Description
The fellowship program has three key components:
- Training on applied research methods;
- Hands-on experience of different components (e.g., survey designing, survey instrument development, field activities, etc.) of social science research; and
- Mentoring from senior researchers on social science research.
Participants will have the designation of Trainee Research Associate (TRA) during the fellowship period. The position demands full-time commitment, hence TRAs will not be able to hold another occupation during this period. TRAs will receive a certificate after the successful completion of the fellowship. BIGD will also offer the most suitable participants the opportunity to join as research associates. In addition, participants will be able to seek letters of recommendation from the trainers and mentors when they pursue other professional opportunities and higher studies.
They are looking for people who are hungry to learn and improve, determined work hard and not give up, and have the ambition to excel and build an impactful knowledge institute. If you think it is you, APPLY NOW.
As a TRA, participants will:
- learn applied econometric methods from senior researchers and support them in research.
- learn about study design, instrument development, and quality assurance and monitoring of all aspects of fieldwork.
- get hands-on experience in writing reports/articles from analysis.
- learn other research-related management skills.
- potentially get an opportunity to join BIGD as a research associate (for chosen participants).
- be able to pursue a research career using the skill sets learned as part of the program.
- All selected participants will receive a monthly honorarium.
💼 Scholarship Specification
- Applicants must have at least a bachelor’s degree from a reputed national or international institute with a demonstrated ability to understand mathematical reasoning. Demonstrating ability in mathematical reasoning could be in different forms, including but not limited to, successful completion of mathematically involved coursework (as part of an undergraduate program or from online classes), strong Graduate Record Examination (GRE) quantitative score, etc.
- Must have successfully completed coursework in introductory statistics and econometrics (as part of an undergraduate program or from online classes).
- Interested in and developing skills in relevant tools.
- Active interest in national and global current affairs, economics, and politics.
- Must be committed to adhering to academic integrity.
- Must be respectful towards others.
Other Fellowship Eligibility Criteria
- Excellent oral and written English skills.
- Ability to think critically and analytically.
- Ability to work well in a team.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Prior research experience would be welcomed.
🌐 How to Apply
Fellowship Application Process
Applicants must attach several documents with the application. All documents must be attached as PDF files. Use the following format for naming each document: [FirstName][LastName][DocumentType].
The list of required documents are as follows:
- An updated CV.
- All academic transcripts (combined into one PDF file).
- A statement of purpose (maximum 800 words). Please describe why you are interested in the fellowship, what makes you qualified to be a TRA, and how your participation in the YRF program would help you achieve your future goals. You may (or may not) chose to reflect on one story of your life that left a strong impression and why. It could be about a particular challenge that you faced and solved a great personal achievement or any other aspect that helps you to describe yourself to strangers who are interested in learning about you.
- (Optional) Proof of any additional qualification that you believe helps your application and want the selection committee to consider (please combine all such documents together into one PDF file with a cover page that contains the list of these documents).
- (Optional) The name of one (1) letter of recommendation from a teacher/professional who knows you well and can tell them about your analytical ability. This person cannot be an immediate family member. Please ask your referee to send their letter of recommendation to firstname.lastname@example.org by the deadline. Please ask them to use “YRF Letter of Recommendation for [First Name] [Last Name]”.
All required documents must be submitted by the deadline for an application to receive full consideration. Any optional document submitted after the deadline might not be reviewed by the selection committee while judging the merit of the applicant.
For more information, visit BIGD.
GOOD LUCK IN EVERY OPPORTUNITY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! – © 2021 ACR COMPANY Ltd All rights reserved