🏘️ About the Organization and Job Details
The Rwanda Institute for Conservation Agriculture (RICA) is a unique and innovative English language undergraduate institution dedicated to preparing the next generation of agricultural leaders of Rwanda and East Africa. Students at RICA will engage in curricular and co-curricular learning opportunities emphasizing Conservation Agriculture and One Health principles, oral and written communication, leadership, and entrepreneurship.
In an experiential learning environment, students will develop the knowledge and experience necessary for a wide range of careers in agriculture. Students at RICA will experience the six Enterprises including Beef Cattle and Small Ruminants, Dairy, Poultry and Swine, Row and Forage Crops, Vegetable and Tree Crops, Irrigation, and Mechanization. The curriculum is designed to incorporate threads of Innovation, Conservation, OneHealth Systems Thinking, and Entrepreneurship. Communication, One Health Systems Thinking, and Entrepreneurship are woven throughout the curriculum. All RICA graduates will be innovative problem solvers able to operate farms and ranches, start agribusinesses, assume management roles in cooperatives, NGOs, and other agricultural enterprises, serve their communities as extension agents and technical and policy experts or assume positions of agricultural leadership in Rwanda.
📋 Job Description Details
The Admissions and Recruitment Operations Officer reports to the Director of Admissions and Recruitment and supports all admissions-related activities at RICA including but not limited to responding to applicant inquiries, supporting applicants, liaising with new students and their families, participating in and facilitating the review of applications and drafting reports, updating and maintaining applicant records, planning and coordinating all logistical aspects of the admissions process.
Job Duties& Tasks and Responsibilities
- Analyze and evaluate applications for admission based on RICA’s admission guidelines and policies, prepare admission documentation, and generate reports as and when required.
- Work with RICA communications office to create informative, accessible, and sensitive recruitment materials and help update admissions page on website
- Lead regularly-scheduled information sessions for prospective students; plan and execute additional special recruitment activities (e.g. online information sessions and open days)
- Monitor recruitment plans, schedules, budgets, and expenditures, organize and participate in stakeholder meetings, ensure that recruitment and admissions deadlines are met in a timely manner
- Administer RICA’s Student Information System (SIS) Application Portal and Inquiry Portal and ensure maintaining admissions records including details of student enquiries, applications, interviews, and offers.
- Work closely with the Registry regarding the management of students’ application records in RICA’s Student Information System (SIS) and ensure establishing a backup filing of admissions documentation and reports.
- Travel to attend and meet students at selected schools and public places to promote RICA’s program and identify new schools to add to the portfolio.
- Cultivate relationships with potential partner schools, maintain their contacts, and inform them about RICA’s offer, events, and developments.
- Ensure effective relationships with prospective students and/or their parents.
- Provide admissions counseling to pre-qualifying students and help them determine if RICA is the right institution for them.
- Deal with all internal and external queries concerning the progress and status of an application.
- Coordinate and spearhead short-term and long-term student recruitment strategies and ensure that recruitment targets and timelines are met.
- Prepare and manage all logistics and operations for effective recruitment and admission events including arranging interviews and manage correspondence with applicants.
- Any other duties assigned by the Director of Admissions as and when needed.
💼 Job Specification
Job Qualification Needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Education, Administration, or any social science related field and obtained at least a Second Class Upper
- Excellent communication skills (face-to-face, email, phone, letter)
- Exceptional time management/organization skills- ability to prioritize a busy workload to meet tight deadlines and targets
- Strong proficiency in English
- Experience in admissions is an asset
- Familiarity with the academic grading systems is preferred
- Ability to gather data, compile and analyse information and prepare reports
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and events to completion
- Competent in information technology and databases, including MS Office software suite
🌐 How to Apply
Job Application Channel Accepted
HOW TO APPLY
- Fill in the information required, upload, and submit the documents in English to the link provided below.
Please combine your resume/CV with your degree certificate as one PDF file before you upload.
Application Link https://rica.bamboohr.com/jobs/
Application review will begin November 08, 2021, and will continue until the position is filled.