10 Positions of Youth First Rwanda Program Master Trainers at Inspire Educate and Empower Rwanda (IEE Rwanda) (Deadline:12 July 2021)
🏘️ About the Organization and Job Details
Inspire, Educate, and Empower Rwanda (IEE) is a Rwandan local Education Not-For-Profit Non-Governmental Organization (NGO). Since 2005, in collaboration with partners, IEE has complemented efforts of the Ministry of Education/ Rwanda Education Board, contributing to educational implementation. IEE designs and delivers innovative programmes to address challenges to provision of quality education. IEE programmes range from teacher development training and technical assistance, teaching and learning, curriculum and material development, research and evaluation, education policies and systems reform.
IEE in Partnership with Corstone USA and Rwanda Education Board is implementing an evidence-based program aims at developing adolescents social-emotional, psychological and physical well-being. The program is called Youth First Rwanda. In the last one year the partners has been piloting the school-based teacher facilitated, resilience and health development program in 5 schools in 2 districts of Rwanda. The program targets senior 1 students in public government schools. The program has so far trained 35 teachers and over 700 students.
📋 Job Description Details
Job Position Title
Youth First Rwanda Program Master Trainers
Number of Job Positions
Ruhango, Rulindo, Bugesera, Musanze, or Kayonza
Job Application Deadline: July 12th, 2021
Youth First Rwanda program has 25 sessions which are facilitated weekly in groups of 20 students with regular support visits from master trainers, who provide technical support until the teachers’ theoretical and practical capacity is fully developed to facilitate the session independently. Youth First is a program based on positive psychology, attitudinal healing and restorative practices, thus application of these three foundational principles is upheld.
From September 2021, the program will be scaled up to 50 schools in 6 districts. To ensure effective implementation of the project,2 the master trainers will be based in the districts and will responsible for providing day-to-day capacity support for facilitators and the students who are the primary beneficiaries of this program, the master trainers will ensure the program is implemented within the expected standards to ensure results.
Job Department and Reporting Line
Country Director, Deputy Country Director, Programmes manager
Job Payment Terms and Contract
12 months maximum (with the possibility of extension) A 3-month probation period is mandatory
Job Duties& Tasks and Responsibilities
The master trainers will be responsible for training facilitators in the Youth First Rwanda Program in their districts of assignment or as requested by the PC/PM
- The master trainers together with the facilitators will develop session facilitation plans.
- Master trainers will provide support to all the teachers allocated to them during session facilitation in schools; providing feedback and needed support.
- The Master trainers will monitor the progress of the program in schools, identify areas of weakness and work together with the teachers, PC and the PM to resolve the issues.
- The Master Trainers will coach and mentor teachers throughout the implementation phase, identifying the teachers who need more support and availing it on time.
- The Master Trainers together with the PC will provide a quick solution or replacements incase a teacher transfers from the project school or indicate a desire to leave the program; The MT and the PC should be able to train and support the new recruitees through co facilitation during the session or even facilitating alone for rapid and effective integration.
- The master trainers will keep important records for quick reference and retrieval; Number of teachers, number of students in each school, number of groups, and the program time-table in each school.
- The master trainers will support the M&E team in organizing for data collection, monitoring and evaluation.
- The master trainer will work with the PC and the school’s administration in resolving issues that may need referral.
- The master trainers will avail support in selection and launching relevant Youth First projects in schools.
- Document session observation and session progress data on regular basis to ensure that the whole Youth First team is aware of the progress of the program on the ground.
- The master trainers together with the PC, and the MO will meet with the students once in a while, the teachers and the headteachers separately to review the program activities and learn the challenges that may threaten smooth rolling out of the program.
- The Master trainers from different districts will meet on Bi weekly basis to discuss their workplans, what has worked and what has not worked well and collectively come up with suggestions of improving the program activities in their districts.
- .Provide monthly and weekly work-plans and reports to the PC for effective follow-up and accountability
💼 Job Specification
Job Educational Qualification Needed and Experience Needed
- An upper second-class bachelor’s degree in Education is required.
- A Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience working in the education sector, with specific focus on teacher training, teacher mentorship or programs dealing with teacher development.
- Previous experience designing and implementing teacher training programming and materials.
- Proven team building and interpersonal skills; the ability to engage, inspire, and motivate a team towards a common goal within a multicultural context.
- Proven experience working with multiple education stakeholders, especially teachers, head teachers, DoS, DDEs, DEOs SEOs.
- Proven ability to negotiate diplomatically, and function well under pressure.
- Demonstrable teaching experience, contributing to quality learning.
- Good presenter with experience of presenting complex ideas in a clear, simplified manner to all audiences.
- Demonstrable problem solving and critical thinking skills – the ability to think outside of the box in challenging situations
- Extremely well-organized multi-tasker.
- Self-motivated, ambitious, goal-oriented.
- The ability to live in the district of operation throughout the school year
- Passionate about the mission of Youth First and dedicated to introspection and self-improvement
Experience of working in the Education NGO sector.
Job Skills and Other Abilities Needed
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Kinyarwanda.
- Excellent report writing, work planning and data collection skills are essential
- Ability to clearly accurately articulate complex information to a wide range of audiences.
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills, with the ability to engage, inspire, build credibility, and engender trust with diverse audiences.
- Ability to engage inspire and motivate a team towards a common goal
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrable supervisory experience.
- Ability to enthuse and engage a diverse range of stakeholders internally and externally.
- A broad understanding teacher development and capacity building is an advantage.
- Time management skills, project management skills, and organizational skills. The ability to meet deadlines is essential.
- Able to work flexibly as part of a small team and to work independently.
- Demonstrate problem solving and critical skills-ability to think outside the box in a challenging situation
- The ability to live in the district of operation throughout the school year
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Trustworthy, ethical, and authentic in all situations
🌐 How to Apply
Job Application Documents and Channel Accepted
Qualified candidates are requested to submit a cover letter, and CV including names of at least 4 position-relevant referees with scanned copies of certificates/diplomas, to The Country Director, Inspire Educate and Empower Rwanda (IEE) at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please place “YFR Master Trainer” in the subject line of the email when applying.
*Not heeding to this instruction will lead to disqualification.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
No late application or telephone inquiries will be considered.
IEE upholds the commitment to gender balance and diversity without distinction as to race, gender or religion and without discrimination of persons with disabilities
Application Deadline Provided
before the closing date of July 12, 2021